30 word studies from Psalm 22:1-21 by Dr. Dan Hayden (click below to listen) •
- My God, my God, why have You forsaken me?
Far from my deliverance are the words of my groaning.
- O my God, I cry by day, but You do not answer;
And by night, but I have no rest.
- Yet You are holy,
O You who are enthroned upon the praises of Israel.
- In You our fathers trusted;
They trusted and You delivered them.
- To You they cried out and were delivered;
In You they trusted and were not disappointed.
- But I am a worm and not a man,
A reproach of men and despised by the people.
- All who see me sneer at me;
They separate with the lip, they wag the head, saying,
- “Commit yourself to the LORD; let Him deliver him;
Let Him rescue him, because He delights in him.”
- Yet You are He who brought me forth from the womb;
You made me trust when upon my mother’s breasts.
- Upon You I was cast from birth;
You have been my God from my mother’s womb.
- Be not far from me, for trouble is near;
For there is none to help.
- Many bulls have surrounded me;
Strong bulls of Bashan have encircled me.
- They open wide their mouth at me,
As a ravening and a roaring lion.
- I am poured out like water,
And all my bones are out of joint;
My heart is like wax;
It is melted within me.
- My strength is dried up like a potsherd,
And my tongue cleaves to my jaws;
And You lay me in the dust of death.
- For dogs have surrounded me;
A band of evildoers has encompassed me;
They pierced my hands and my feet.
- I can count all my bones.
They look, they stare at me;
- They divide my garments among them,
And for my clothing they cast lots.
- But You, O LORD, be not far off;
O You my help, hasten to my assistance.
- Deliver my soul from the sword,
My only life from the power of the dog.
- Save me from the lion’s mouth;
From the horns of the wild oxen You answer me.
Scripture verses from the New American Standard Bible (NASB)